It’s time to reunite at the event for the full supply chain–distributors, mechanical and design engineers, purchasers, wholesalers and OEMs. From automotive to aerospace, construction to HVAC, furniture to appliances, fastener professionals from every segment of the market find the latest products they need at Fastener Fair USA. Join us November 8-10 in Cleveland, OH.
Exhibit Hall Only
Monday, November 8 | Fastening 101 – Understanding threaded fasteners and the industry that produces them
This one-day class is a must for anyone in the fastener industry… users, purchasers, engineers and sales, whether you are new to the industry or have been around for a while and want to learn more about the products that you make, buy and sell. This class will explore fastener engineering basics plus product and design fundamentals. Participants will learn about different market segments where threaded fasteners are used and the cost differences between them. Students will delve into basic fastener engineering and learn about torque, stress, tightening strategies, bolt strength, tension control and other elements.
- Types of thread pitches, why they are different, and the basic concept of thread fit
- Fastener terminology
- Platings, coatings and the effect on thread
- Head styles, drives and recesses
- Fastener materials and considerations when selecting
- Thread forming in steel, light metals, aluminum, magnesium and plastic
- Fastener market segments – construction, aerospace, industrial & automotive
- Properties of steel and their strength considerations
- Fastener manufacturing – cold heading and secondary operations
Instructor: Laurence Claus